This year for my birthday I asked for a garden. I asked for a small starter garden.
Of course, Brian decided to give me the garden of my dreams. :)
My garden is so special to me. I have very fond childhood memories being in my mom's garden. I can remember eating tomatoes right off the plant. My godmother came to visit me for my birthday and she helped me plant the vegetables. Having such a special person help with the process makes me so happy. I walk out to my garden each day and think of my mom, my godmother, and then it spirals into all of the wonderful people in my life. Sometimes I think of family or a friend and smile. My garden is a place for me to think and feel the beautiful world around me. Another great thing about having a garden, is that Levi now wants to play outside every night! He loves running around the backyard while I look to see what has grown. Levi squeals with laughter as daddy plays with a T-ball set. Family time in the backyard is my favorite time of day. I really hope the beautiful weather continues. Below are some pictures of the process. If anyone reads this and has veggie suggestions, please let me know :)
 |
| Backyard Before Picture |
 |
| Levi helping Daddy buy some wood! |
 |
| Brian working away! |
 |
| Dirt!! This large semi-truck delivered a lot of dirt! |
 |
| Dirt! |
 |
| Levi LOVED the rocks! |
 |
| My Favorite Boys working away! |
 |
The raised garden beds are completed. It looks like it needs a little something else :) |
 |
| Ta-Da!!! My completed garden! |
love it! love you!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome!!!
ReplyDelete